- Modern Art museum De Pont is located in a former wool spinning factory and the large light spaces and intimate “wool rooms” offer a good setting in which to view modern art.
- The museum is named for the businessman Jan de Pont (1915-1987) who left a large sum of money after his death for the creation of a museum of modern art. The museum receives no government subsidy and operates solely on de Pont’s legacy.
- The museum was recently enlarged, adding new exhibition areas and a larger café/restaurant with a lovely terrace area outside.
- On one end of the new restaurant area, there is a lovely glassed in area which looks out over the garden – complete with crackling fireplace – where guests can relax on a comfortable couch and chairs to enjoy a drink and snacks.
- The “Flam Keuchen” on the menu (kind of thin crusted pizza) makes a lovely snack if cut in smaller pieces.
- The TIC members who attended didn’t have any trouble finishing the bottle of wine we ordered.
- My favorite piece of art was the giant stainless steel piece made by Anish Kapoor – I was upside down over it!
- For some of the other pieces, I need a little “help” to appreciate them, and had to remind myself that even though I might think I could make them…I probably could not!
- No matter where the TIC Borrel is – it is always fun!
- Starting in March 2017, the museum will be open every Thursday from 17.00-20.00 and admission will be free!
tíc is a non-profit association that provides social and educational activities for internationals living in and around Tilburg. Read more About tíc.
10 things I learned at the TIC borrel on February 17th at De Pont:
- Movie Night 31 January 2020
- Trappers Ice Hockey Game 16 February 2020
- Book Club: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens 18 February 2020
- Tour of LocHal & Expo visit 7 March 2020
See our latest on Instagram!
We hope everyone enjoyed the really nice buffet @anverstilburg had tonight for our annual holiday dinner 🍽️ . We would like (as usual) thank you for making this event a success, without all our members (and new ones! 🤗) this dinner wouldn't have been as great as it was. . Have a nice weekend! . . . #anvers #tilburger #tilburginternationalclub #tilburginternational
Here we are! Happy to enjoy another holiday dinner with our members and guest that will join us tonight. Check our stories to see where the special space for #tilburginternationalclub that @anverstilburg has for us! #tilburger #tilburg #expatlife #tilburginternational #tilburgismooi #saturday #saturdaynight
RSVP TODAY❗ Good morning everyone, we would like to let you know that we still have some spots left for our annual holiday dinner. 🥂 Everyone has until today to register via our website ®️ (link in the bio) if you haven't already! 🍽️ We wish to see you all there and thank you already for those registered, we think it will be an amazing evening with all the people that are coming! 💃🕺 For now: have a lovely week!! . . Costs for members Adults: 35 euros pp Kids under 12: 6 euros pp . . Costs for guests Adults: 40 euros pp Kids under 12: 11 pp . . Drinks and some bites covered by TIC!
Good evening #tic followers! Don't forget about our next #bookdiscussion this Thursday 🔖 We will also be selecting our next book, and our new member Kate will bring 3 selections for us to choose from. 🔖 Even if you have not read our current book, even if you haven't attended for a long time - or ever! - start out the new year well and plan to join us for an interesting and fun evening! If you haven't received our email with all the info, please let us know! . Hope to see you Thursday! #bookclub #tilburger #tilburginternationalclub