Started in March of 2008, the tilburg international club has already hosted many activities to meet the needs and wishes of its international members living in and around the area of Tilburg.
- Provides social, educational and networking activities for internationals living in and around Tilburg;
- Represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- Aims to further positive relations among people of different nationalities
Our members join us from around the world, 30 different countries and counting! We try to provide information, activities and events that support and enhance the experiences of our expat member families while living in the Netherlands, whether they are here short-term or indefinitely!
As a member of tíc, you will be entitled to participate in a variety of events and activities especially geared toward expats living in Holland. Here are just a few of our diverse activities:
- Special topic educational lectures featuring expert guest speakers
- Book Club
- Day trips to various destinations around the country
- Workshops in a fun, social atmosphere
- Happy hours at different bars and/or restaurants around town
- Annual events include our Welcome to Tilburg event, Holiday Dinner, Christmas Cookie workshop and TICnic (picnic)
- Special Interest Groups (SIG): Movie Night, Walking Group, Sports Events Group (coming soon!)
Joining the club also means, you have a built-in social, business and cultural network. It is a group in which you will find fun, support, friendship and information about Tilburg, Brabant and the Netherlands. In addition, tíc is proud to offer its members:
- networking and socializing opportunities with other internationals,
- introducing partners and children to new people in a relaxed and fun social atmosphere,
- participating in Book Club and lectures as well as first drinks at the borrels at no cost,
- tours and day trips to other cities and attractions offered at a very attractive price,
- Access to Sligro (volume shopping store), located at Ringbaan Zuid (must show membership card).
- the Touch of Tilburg book produced by the city of Tilburg. This is a compilation of history, local interest, restaurant and entertainment guide and much more!
- tíc quarterly newsletter (September through June)
- a tíc welcome gift
At home in the Netherlands tíc helps internationals feel more at home in the Netherlands. We strive to help ease the adjustment process with practical tips, advice and information on daily life in the Netherlands. We offer a relaxed and fun social atmosphere for introducing partners and children to new people and for learning more about the Tilburg, Noord Brabant and the Netherlands. tíc can be an invaluable “home away from home” resource. Interested in becoming a member? Download our Membership Form now!