Home » Posts tagged 'arts and crafts'
Tag Archives: arts and crafts
- Annual General Meeting 22 October 2020
- tícMovie Night 30 October 2020
- Dutch School System presentation 12 November 2020
- tícWalkie Talkies 15 November 2020
- tícMovie Night 20 November 2020
- Book Club: A Long Petal of the Sea 24 November 2020
- Cupcake Decorating Workshop 10 December 2020
- tícWalkie Talkies 12 December 2020
30 Mar 2019. Review by Mala Raman. We had a small but enthusiastic tíc crowd who were greeted by Mirjam at the Kaarsen Temple on a bright but cool Saturday afternoon. The kids received a brief explanation on the 2 types of candles they were going to make.
They happily got to work creating imaginative and elaborate pyramid candles. They had plenty of tools to help shape the candles of their dreams with metal cookie cutters, sheets of wax, sharp carvers and their own little fingers! Once they were done, Mirjam coated the candles with a transparent layer of wax as a finishing touch.
The second type of candle was about building layers of different coloured wax and then peeling back the layers to created a multi-coloured candle. After a quick break with a drink and “iets lekkers” the kids got back into the creative flow!
The kids were happy to take home their beautiful creations!
#tilburginternationalclub #tickids #candlemaking #expatlife #artsandcrafts