Home » Posts tagged 'beginners'
Tag Archives: beginners
- Annual General Meeting 22 October 2020
- tícMovie Night 30 October 2020
- Dutch School System presentation 12 November 2020
- tícWalkie Talkies 15 November 2020
- tícMovie Night 20 November 2020
- Book Club: A Long Petal of the Sea 24 November 2020
- Cupcake Decorating Workshop 10 December 2020
- tícWalkie Talkies 12 December 2020
9 Oct. 2019. tíc has officially started its ‘no books/no teacher/no pressure/all levels welcome’ Dutch conversation group. The idea is to discuss a pre-designated topic for the evening to guide the flow of conversation.
On our first get together, we split up into 2 groups and gave Dutch conversation our best efforts while sharing a drink and getting to know each other. The shock of the night was that the person in my group who carried much of the conversation was actually the person who has been in the Netherlands the shortest amount of time! (Shout out to Wendy, carrying on interesting conversation after only 6 weeks here!) Especially after talking with her, we were all inspired to make more effort to use Dutch and plan to have this meet up again. A special thanks to our native speaker member, Marloes, who joined the meet up and chatted with us too! Who says language learning has to be boring or stressful?