Home » Posts tagged 'De Kaarsen Tempel'
Tag Archives: De Kaarsen Tempel
Register for our Upcoming Events!
- Curling Clinic 30 March 2023
Candle Making is fun!
3 May 2019 12:58 / Leave a comment
30 Mar 2019. Review by Mala Raman. We had a small but enthusiastic tíc crowd who were greeted by Mirjam at the Kaarsen Temple on a bright but cool Saturday afternoon. The kids received a brief explanation on the 2 types of candles they were going to make.
They happily got to work creating imaginative and elaborate pyramid candles. They had plenty of tools to help shape the candles of their dreams with metal cookie cutters, sheets of wax, sharp carvers and their own little fingers! Once they were done, Mirjam coated the candles with a transparent layer of wax as a finishing touch.
The second type of candle was about building layers of different coloured wax and then peeling back the layers to created a multi-coloured candle. After a quick break with a drink and “iets lekkers” the kids got back into the creative flow!
The kids were happy to take home their beautiful creations!
#tilburginternationalclub #tickids #candlemaking #expatlife #artsandcrafts
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)