Home » Posts tagged 'de Pont'
Tag Archives: de Pont
- Dordrecht Xmas Market 14 December 2019
- Xmas Borrel 20 December 2019 at 7:30 pm – 12:00 am Café Bakker, Heuvel 44, Heuvel 45, 5038 CS Tilburg, Pays-Bas
- Book Club: The Lost Girls of Paris 9 January 2020
- tíc holiday dinner 11 January 2020 at 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm Anvers Brasserie & Beer Cafe, Oude Markt 8, 5038 TJ Tilburg, Pays-Bas
10 things I learned at the TIC borrel on February 17th at De Pont:
- Modern Art museum De Pont is located in a former wool spinning factory and the large light spaces and intimate “wool rooms” offer a good setting in which to view modern art.
- The museum is named for the businessman Jan de Pont (1915-1987) who left a large sum of money after his death for the creation of a museum of modern art. The museum receives no government subsidy and operates solely on de Pont’s legacy.
- The museum was recently enlarged, adding new exhibition areas and a larger café/restaurant with a lovely terrace area outside.
- On one end of the new restaurant area, there is a lovely glassed in area which looks out over the garden – complete with crackling fireplace – where guests can relax on a comfortable couch and chairs to enjoy a drink and snacks.
- The “Flam Keuchen” on the menu (kind of thin crusted pizza) makes a lovely snack if cut in smaller pieces.
- The TIC members who attended didn’t have any trouble finishing the bottle of wine we ordered.
- My favorite piece of art was the giant stainless steel piece made by Anish Kapoor – I was upside down over it!
- For some of the other pieces, I need a little “help” to appreciate them, and had to remind myself that even though I might think I could make them…I probably could not!
- No matter where the TIC Borrel is – it is always fun!
- Starting in March 2017, the museum will be open every Thursday from 17.00-20.00 and admission will be free!