Home » Posts tagged 'Municipality of Tilburg'
Tag Archives: Municipality of Tilburg
- tíc Welcome Event 12 September 2020
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that provides social and educational activities for expatriates and internationals living in and around Tilburg.
- tíc helps internationals feel more at home in the Netherlands. We strive to help ease the adjustment process with practical tips, advice and information on daily life in the Netherlands. We offer a relaxed and fun social atmosphere for introducing partners and children to new people and for learning more about the Tilburg, Noord Brabant and the Netherlands.
Last year, the logo of the tilburg international club underwent a make-over thanks to Bas van Steensel of Studio Stoom! The meaning and story behind our updated identity is an interesting one;
- The “tíc” showcased in our new logo is how we affectionately refer to our club.
- The blue, complimented by the orange circles, embodies the City of Tilburg within the Netherlands.
- The coloured circles exemplify our members made up of individuals from all nationalities.
- And last, but not least, the shape of the globe signifies the international nature of our organisation.
20 December 2019
As always, it was crazy crowded at the annual Xmas borrel with plenty of ugly sweaters. Take a look!
#tilburginternationalclub #expatlife #christmasborrel #happyhour #cafebakker #uglysweater
🔝 OUR MISSION
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that:
- 🔹 Provides social, educational and networking activities for expatriates and internationals living in and around Tilburg
- 🔹 Represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- 🔹 Aims to further positive relations among people of different nationalities.
🔝 TIC Fast Facts
- 🔹 tíc hosted an opening reception in March 2008 for international citizens in and around Brabant!
- 🔹 Our official partner is MidPoint Brabant
- 🔹 Our sponsors include Holland Expat Center South (HECS), BOM, Tilburg University and P&D Care
- 🔹 Organizations such as Tilburg University and other companies subsidize their employee’s annual dues!
Did you know that #tíburginternationalclub regularly posts on Facebook? Facebook is a social networking website where users can post comments, share photographs and post links to news or other interesting content on the web, chat live, and watch short-form video.
We share information about local news, area events, #Dutch culture and much more! You can also see all of our invitations to tíc events making it that much easier to stay up-to-date on all of our club activities. We also pass along news articles, requests for participation and much more from local businesses and organisations who would like to specifically stay in touch with the international community in and around Tilburg.
Join us on Facebook @tílintclub to keep up with the latest tílburginternationalclub happenings as well as events in around the Tilburg area!
#tilburginternationalclub #expatlife #Facebook #news
07 Sept 2019. by Yolonda van Riel. The day started out with a big chance of rain but, like all the other Welcome Events before, the skies cleared and we had another fantastic day to celebrate the beginning of another tic season! After registration and a nice cup of coffee at de Spaarbank, the event officially kicked off with walking tours guided by Tilburg’s very own 013 Straatjes (small streets of Tilburg) and sponsored by tic partner BOM.
On 7 September 2019, we’ll be hosting another Welcome to Tilburg event! For #ThrowbackThursday, let’s take a look at the festivities from 2015!
by Patricia Gonzalez. Time flies. So with places as with people. From 1868 to 2011, the Spoorzone was an industrial site – a place where trains were built and repaired for Nederlandse Spoor and “migrants” from Utrecht came to work on the railways. Today, the Spoorzone is home to the Red Cross, an intended hub for entrepreneurs, a skate park for youth and, during Mundial festival or one of the many market weekends (e.g., Bazouq, Swan Market, Pasar Malam), a bustling event space. (more…)
It was like a giant karaoke on the Schouwburgring! Volunteers were dressed in orange and singing on the stage. We received a kind of newspaper with the lyrics on it so that we could sing along with everybody! We had a lot of fun together!
Most of the songs were in Dutch, but some of theme were in English too. It was really nice to share a part of the Dutch culture! Thank you for having been there with us!
#tilburginternationalclub #tilburgzingt #Koningsdag #Schouwburgring #expatlife
Our Welcome to Tilburg event last Saturday was a very fun and delicious way to spend the afternoon. With bites to eat, drinks to test and competitions to win, it was an exciting, yet relaxed way for expats to explore the city and get to know one another better. Check out our 2018 Welcome to Tilburg Facebook album for a look at more of the festivities!
tilburg international club has undergone a make-over thanks to Bas van Steensel of Studio Stoom! Although, we are already using the new logo, most notably on our recently designed tíc bags, our updated identity deserves an official announcement.
Over the past 10 years, tíc has grown in many different ways from its membership base and types of activities to its partnerships and sponsors. And, with the current popularity of image presentation on all of the various social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and many others, it was definitely time to refresh our appearance. (more…)
by Mala Raman
the tilburg international club (tíc) organised a very special and fun-filled Welcome to Tilburg event on 8 September 2018 for internationals in and around Tilburg to celebrate its 10-year Anniversary!
Over 100 expats joined in for a fabulous afternoon starting at the Mercure with bubbles and Tilburgse bossche bol. tíc president, Yolonda van Riel, gave everyone a warm welcome and underscored tíc‘s initiative to support internationals in better understanding the people and culture of the Netherlands as well as to provide a relaxed social atmosphere for meeting new people from around the world. (more…)
In just 2 days, we will be celebrating tic‘s 10-year anniversary at our grand Welcome to Tilburg event! For #ThrowbackThursday, let’s take a look at the festivities from 2017!
by Mala Raman. We had another great day on 9 September 2017 for our annual Welcome to Tilburg event that officially opens our club year!
Every year we pick a different area of Tilburg to present to new and established members of the international community in Noord Brabant. This year we focused on the Nieuwlandstraat in the city center. The streets in and around this area are full of eclectic cafes, bakeries and shops … something a little different from the mainstream shopping area. (more…)