Home » Posts tagged 'new members'
Tag Archives: new members
- tícMovie Night 30 October 2020
- Dutch School System presentation 12 November 2020
- tícWalkie Talkies 15 November 2020
- tícMovie Night 20 November 2020
- Book Club: A Long Petal of the Sea 24 November 2020
- Cupcake Decorating Workshop 10 December 2020
- tícWalkie Talkies 12 December 2020
3 Nov. 2019. Here are a few reviews from our walkers!
A lovely rainy walk with a fascinating bit of local history thrown in.
We started with 15 enthusiastic walkers at the La Trappe Brouwerij for a 8km loop around the areas of Koningshoeven and Moerenburg. Despite the soggy weather, everyone had a good time
chatting and getting to know one another. Afterwards, we found a spot
inside the brewery to have a drink together afterwards.
Take a look at some of our other fun walks!
Did you know that #tíburginternationalclub regularly posts helpful information on our Facebook page?
We share the latest photos and videos from our events, post links to local news and resources and share stories where users can post comments.
Have questions since you just moved to town or about one of our upcoming events? Send us a private message.
You can also see all of our invitations to tíc events making it that much easier to stay up-to-date on all of our club activities.
Stay in touch with the international community in and around Tilburg.
Join us on Facebook @tilintclub!
Are you up for a good discussion with a group of friendly book-lovers? Would you like to expand your reading horizons by reading a book you may not have chosen yourself? Do you want to spend a relaxed evening chatting about a book, and often many other life topics, with a cup of tea, coffee or perhaps glass of wine in your hand?
Join tíc’s Book Club where we meet up approximately once every 6 weeks to discuss the latest book pick by the group. At the end of every Book Club meeting, one member presents three book suggestions to the group. The group votes on their favorite book choice and the group reads that book for the next book club meeting. Someone from the group volunteers to bring the new book selections for the following meeting. Locations and days of every meeting vary to allow the maximum number of book lovers to attend. New members are welcome to join our book club at any time.
If you are a member of the tilburg international club, attendance is free. If you would like to attend as a guest, the cost is €5,00 p.p. (READ about how this can be pro-rated towards your membership fee.)
Would you like to join us at our next Book Club meeting? Let us know!
Over the past 12 years, tíc has grown in many different ways from its membership base and types of activities to its partnerships and sponsors.
We are still dedicated to:
- helping expats better understand the people and culture of the Netherlands
- providing expats with social and educational activities
Learn more about our Membership!
Next week we’ll have our first walking club meetup of the year. For #FlashBackFriday, let’s take a look back at its start!
by Mala Raman
6 Oct. 2019. By popular demand from our members for more sporty activities, tíc has started with the newly formed walking group – the ‘tíc Walkie Talkies’. (more…)
Did you know that tíc has a dedicated JOBS page to help expats find jobs in the Netherlands, and specifically in and around the Tilburg area?
We get many requests all year round for help with job searches. More and more job searches are done through social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook as well as through the professional networking site LinkedIn. In-person networking is also an important factor in getting a foot in the door. We can help you build your social and professional network through its many activities that bring expats together. (more…)
Started in March of 2008, the tilburg international club has already hosted many activities to meet the needs and wishes of its international members living in and around the area of Tilburg.
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that:
- Provides social, educational and networking activities for internationals living in and around Tilburg;
- Represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- Aims to further positive relations among people of different nationalities
As a member of tíc, you will be entitled to participate in a variety of events and activities especially geared toward expats living in Holland. Here are just a few of our diverse activities:
- Special topic educational lectures featuring expert guest speakers
- Book Club
- Day trips to various destinations around the country
- Workshops in a fun, social atmosphere
- Happy hours at different bars and/or restaurants around town
- Annual events include our Welcome to Tilburg event, Holiday Dinner, Christmas Cookie workshop and TICnic (picnic)
- Special Interest Groups (SIG): Movie Night, Walking Group, Sports Events Group (coming soon!)
by Jessica de Swart
20 Jun 2020. 2020 has been an unusual year, and our annual picnic was a bit different this year as well- but still a very fun get-together and pleasant way to spend a beautiful weekend afternoon.
We were all thankful that conditions have improved in the Netherlands such that we could meet up again and socialize in a group. It was great to catch up with fellow tíc members and even meet a new family to tíc!
- Research and propose ideas for cultural, educational and/or social events that fit the mission of tíc
- Find facilities to host our events
- Socialize with members to ensure a fun member experience
- Proactively handle any issues on the event day
- Provide Board members with feedback on events
Contact us now!