Home » Posts tagged 'Noord Brabant'
Tag Archives: Noord Brabant
- tícMovie Night 30 October 2020
- Dutch School System presentation 12 November 2020
- tícWalkie Talkies 15 November 2020
- tícMovie Night 20 November 2020
- Book Club: A Long Petal of the Sea 24 November 2020
- Cupcake Decorating Workshop 10 December 2020
- tícWalkie Talkies 12 December 2020
3 Nov. 2019. Here are a few reviews from our walkers!
A lovely rainy walk with a fascinating bit of local history thrown in.
We started with 15 enthusiastic walkers at the La Trappe Brouwerij for a 8km loop around the areas of Koningshoeven and Moerenburg. Despite the soggy weather, everyone had a good time
chatting and getting to know one another. Afterwards, we found a spot
inside the brewery to have a drink together afterwards.
Take a look at some of our other fun walks!
Did you know that #tíburginternationalclub regularly posts helpful information on our Facebook page?
We share the latest photos and videos from our events, post links to local news and resources and share stories where users can post comments.
Have questions since you just moved to town or about one of our upcoming events? Send us a private message.
You can also see all of our invitations to tíc events making it that much easier to stay up-to-date on all of our club activities.
Stay in touch with the international community in and around Tilburg.
Join us on Facebook @tilintclub!
Next week we’ll have our first walking club meetup of the year. For #FlashBackFriday, let’s take a look back at its start!
by Mala Raman
6 Oct. 2019. By popular demand from our members for more sporty activities, tíc has started with the newly formed walking group – the ‘tíc Walkie Talkies’. (more…)
Started in March of 2008, the tilburg international club has already hosted many activities to meet the needs and wishes of its international members living in and around the area of Tilburg.
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that:
- Provides social, educational and networking activities for internationals living in and around Tilburg;
- Represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- Aims to further positive relations among people of different nationalities
As a member of tíc, you will be entitled to participate in a variety of events and activities especially geared toward expats living in Holland. Here are just a few of our diverse activities:
- Special topic educational lectures featuring expert guest speakers
- Book Club
- Day trips to various destinations around the country
- Workshops in a fun, social atmosphere
- Happy hours at different bars and/or restaurants around town
- Annual events include our Welcome to Tilburg event, Holiday Dinner, Christmas Cookie workshop and TICnic (picnic)
- Special Interest Groups (SIG): Movie Night, Walking Group, Sports Events Group (coming soon!)
by Mala Raman
07 Mar 2020. Right behind the Tilburg Central Station in the Spoorzone, is an old industrial locomotive hall that has been transformed into a cutting edge library, The LocHal. The repair center from the 1930s has been converted into a modernist design filled with glass, stunning wooden staircases and light-filled, open-plan spaces all housed within the steel beams of the original locomotive center.
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that provides social and educational activities for expatriates and internationals living in and around Tilburg.
- tíc helps internationals feel more at home in the Netherlands. We strive to help ease the adjustment process with practical tips, advice and information on daily life in the Netherlands. We offer a relaxed and fun social atmosphere for introducing partners and children to new people and for learning more about the Tilburg, Noord Brabant and the Netherlands.
Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus in The Netherlands, the Board has decided to postpone all events scheduled through 30 April 2020.
The health and well-being of you and your family will always take precedence over any social or tíc sponsored event and the tilburg international club is following the advice not to organize events with larger groups and practice social distancing.
We will monitor the situation closely and reschedule when appropriate. Thank you for your understanding!
tilburg international club
#expats #club #events #cancellation #Covid19
16 Feb 2020. On a bright but windy February day, a large crowd of tíc members met to watch the three-time Oberlina Champion ice hockey team potentially make their way to the play-offs again this year. The DESTIL Trappers, coached by Bo Subr, swept the ice with Krefelder EV ’81 in their home game Sunday afternoon with a final score of 9 – 0, their 5th shut out of the season.
This match was an action-packed game where (more…)