Home » Posts tagged 'Noord Brabant'
Tag Archives: Noord Brabant
- Virtual Book Club - Dark Matter 28 May 2020
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that provides social and educational activities for expatriates and internationals living in and around Tilburg.
- tíc helps internationals feel more at home in the Netherlands. We strive to help ease the adjustment process with practical tips, advice and information on daily life in the Netherlands. We offer a relaxed and fun social atmosphere for introducing partners and children to new people and for learning more about the Tilburg, Noord Brabant and the Netherlands.
Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus in The Netherlands, the Board has decided to postpone all events scheduled through 30 April 2020.
The health and well-being of you and your family will always take precedence over any social or tíc sponsored event and the tilburg international club is following the advice not to organize events with larger groups and practice social distancing.
We will monitor the situation closely and reschedule when appropriate. Thank you for your understanding!
tilburg international club
#expats #club #events #cancellation #Covid19
Date: Saturday, 27 June 2020
Time: 16:10 – 19:00
Location: Zandstraat 18, Moergestel (for parking)
Members: €37,50 per person (normal price €42,50)
Guests: €42,50, per person (click HERE to see how €5,00 can be pro-rated towards your membership fee)
Register by: 15 April 2020 (click on link for registration)
Disclaimer: Reservations are confirmed after payment is received. If you cancel after the RSVP date and your place remains unfilled you will be required to pay the full fee of your reserved space.
We would like to introduce the following new type of event: tíc sports events! We will be organising sports event and would like to share with this exiting obstacle run: The Farmers Fun 2020. It’s a cool and fun way to visit and discover farms around Oisterwijk. (more…)
16 Feb 2020. On a bright but windy February day, a large crowd of tíc members met to watch the three-time Oberlina Champion ice hockey team potentially make their way to the play-offs again this year. The DESTIL Trappers, coached by Bo Subr, swept the ice with Krefelder EV ’81 in their home game Sunday afternoon with a final score of 9 – 0, their 5th shut out of the season.
This match was an action-packed game where (more…)
🔝 OUR MISSION
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that:
- 🔹 Provides social, educational and networking activities for expatriates and internationals living in and around Tilburg
- 🔹 Represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- 🔹 Aims to further positive relations among people of different nationalities.
🔝 TIC Fast Facts
- 🔹 tíc hosted an opening reception in March 2008 for international citizens in and around Brabant!
- 🔹 Our official partner is MidPoint Brabant
- 🔹 Our sponsors include Holland Expat Center South (HECS), BOM, Tilburg University and P&D Care
- 🔹 Organizations such as Tilburg University and other companies subsidize their employee’s annual dues!
Did you know that #tíburginternationalclub regularly posts on Facebook? Facebook is a social networking website where users can post comments, share photographs and post links to news or other interesting content on the web, chat live, and watch short-form video.
We share information about local news, area events, #Dutch culture and much more! You can also see all of our invitations to tíc events making it that much easier to stay up-to-date on all of our club activities. We also pass along news articles, requests for participation and much more from local businesses and organisations who would like to specifically stay in touch with the international community in and around Tilburg.
Join us on Facebook @tílintclub to keep up with the latest tílburginternationalclub happenings as well as events in around the Tilburg area!
#tilburginternationalclub #expatlife #Facebook #news
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that:
- Provides social, educational and networking activities for internationals living in and around Tilburg;
- Represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- Aims to further positive relations among people of different nationalities
As a member of tíc, you will be entitled to participate in a variety of events and activities especially geared toward expats living in Holland. Here are just a few of our diverse activities:
- Special topic educational lectures featuring expert guest speakers
- Book Club
- Day trips to various destinations around the country
- Workshops in a fun, social atmosphere
- Happy hours at different bars and/or restaurants around town
- Annual events include our Welcome to Tilburg event, Holiday Dinner, Christmas Cookie workshop and TICnic (picnic)
- Special Interest Groups (SIG): Movie Night, Walking Group, Sports Events Group (coming soon!)
This weekend we’ll meet up again for our annual Holiday Dinner where members have a chance to wish each other a Happy New Year while enjoying a bite to eat together. For #ThrowbackThursday, here’s a look at gathering from 2016!
by Rick Tillman
16 Jan 2016. Once again, tíc has celebrated the holidays and rung in the new year how it should be done: with warm conversation, good food, and ample wine (not necessarily in that order). For January 2016, tíc in its infinite wisdom gathered at Café Dudok in the heart of Tilburg.
by Rochelle Buhr
26 Nov 2019. Have you ever had fresh, warm worstenbrood, a Tilburg speciality?Better yet, have you ever made them? A lucky 8 of us did on Tuesday at
De Smaeck Bakkerij in Berkol-Enschot.
Although probably not something you’d make at home, we had a great time
putting them together with the professionals at the bakery!
3 Nov. 2019. Here are a few reviews from our walkers!
“Thanks for organising today’s walk and for the lovely chat & great company…”
“Thank you all, it was fun to be and walk together!!”
“Great company and beautiful autumn woodland to brighten up a rainy day”
12 Oct. 2019. The tíc Walkie Talkies had its second outing in the areas of Enschot and Moerenburg.
We had another 6 km route walking through open fields and around a small lake. The meeting start and end point was at Café Zomerlust where the group enjoyed a delicious lunch afterwards.
by Mala Raman
6 Oct. 2019. By popular demand from our members for more sporty activities, tíc has started with the newly formed walking group – the ‘tíc Walkie Talkies’. (more…)
It was like a giant karaoke on the Schouwburgring! Volunteers were dressed in orange and singing on the stage. We received a kind of newspaper with the lyrics on it so that we could sing along with everybody! We had a lot of fun together!
Most of the songs were in Dutch, but some of theme were in English too. It was really nice to share a part of the Dutch culture! Thank you for having been there with us!
#tilburginternationalclub #tilburgzingt #Koningsdag #Schouwburgring #expatlife
24 Feb 2019. by Mala Raman. On a slightly chilly February day, a large crowd of tíc members met to watch the local hockey team potentially make their way to the play-offs. The DESTIL Trappers, coached by Bo Subr, swept the ice with Hanover Indians in their home game Sunday afternoon with a final score of 6 – 1.
This match was an action-packed game where the team ran circles around their opponent. In the midst of all the trash talking between the two teams and a helpful trip by an Indian team member to the penalty box, the score continued to increase in favor of the Trappers.
Unlike the many national hockey leagues, there really is almost no fighting during the games making it appropriate for people of all ages to attend a game. However, it wouldn’t be a hockey game unless there was a little bit of blood and gore.
Thanks to this big win, the Trappers are all set for getting into the playoffs.
#tilburginternationalclub #icehockey #destil #trappers