Home » Posts tagged 'North Brabant'
Tag Archives: North Brabant
- Book Club: Becoming 21 October 2019
- Pumpkin Carving 26 October 2019
- tícMovie Night 22 November 2019
- Worstenbrood Workshop 26 November 2019
🔝 OUR MISSION
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that:
- 🔹 Provides social, educational and networking activities for expatriates and internationals living in and around Tilburg
- 🔹 Represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- 🔹 Aims to further positive relations among people of different nationalities.
🔝 TIC Fast Facts
- 🔹 tíc hosted an opening reception in March 2008 for international citizens in and around Brabant!
- 🔹 Our official partner is MidPoint Brabant
- 🔹 Our sponsors include Holland Expat Center South (HECS), BOM, Tilburg University and P&D Care
- 🔹 Organizations such as Tilburg University and other companies subsidize their employee’s annual dues!
In just 2 days, we will be celebrating tic‘s 10-year anniversary at our grand Welcome to Tilburg event! For #ThrowbackThursday, let’s take a look at the festivities from 2017!
by Mala Raman
We had another great day on 9 September 2017 for our annual Welcome to Tilburg event that officially opens our club year!
Every year we pick a different area of Tilburg to present to new and established members of the international community in Noord Brabant. This year we focused on the Nieuwlandstraat in the city center. The streets in and around this area are full of eclectic cafes, bakeries and shops … something a little different from the mainstream shopping area.
We officially welcomed expats back from the summer starting with coffee and a sweet at Locals Café, followed by a welcome from Tilburg’s Vice Mayor, Erik de Ridder and finished off with drinks and snacks at WijnBar Cru – and of course juice and treats for our littlest expats! There were games and prizes from local eateries which procure, whenever possible, goods from local vendors in and around Tilburg.
As in past years, TIC partnered with Tilburg University, P&D Care, Holland Expat Center and the Municipality of Tilburg for a fun afternoon program while finding some hidden gems in the heart of Tilburg.
We ended the afternoon with the grand prize drawing of a €50 gift certificate to the restaurant Bij Vermeer. It was a relaxing and entertaining afternoon meeting new people, catching up with old friends and just having fun!
Watch the slideshow on tíc‘s Facebook Page to see more great pictures from this fun event!