Home » Posts tagged 'social'
Tag Archives: social
- tícMovie Night 22 November 2019 Cinecitta, Willem II Straat 29, 5038 BA Tilburg, Netherlands
- Worstenbrood Workshop 26 November 2019
- Book Club: The 100 Secret Senses 2 December 2019
- Tic event Jess 5 December 2019 at 8:30 pm – 11:00 pm Rentmeesterhof 26n5046 MZ Tilburg, Brabant-SeptentrionalnPays-Bas
11 November 2016. by Anne van Oorschot. We had our first #TilburgInternationalClub movie evening of the club year at Cinecitta to see the film The Light Between Oceans. This beautiful film is based on the debut novel by M. L. Stedman and tells the story of Tom (Michael Fassbender), a Lighthouse keeper in Western Australia and his wife, Isabel (Alicia Vikander). Tom, a WWI veteran, is damaged by the atrocities he has seen as a soldier and feels his past will prevent him from having a happy future, so accepts the job of lighthouse keeper on a desolate island. He is surprised by the affection of Isobel, a lovely girl who lives on the mainland and they are married and head off to the island where they create a solitary, yet happy life together. (more…)
For the last 2 years, one of our major priorities has been to create a stronger online awareness of our club, events, goals and attractive membership benefits through Twitter. Twitter is one of the best social media platforms to find out what people think about our club and build our club “brand”. We would love the help of a dedicated “tweeter” for our club!
You can help us by doing any of the following:
- tweeting 3 – 5 times a week
- commenting on tweets
- re-posting tweets
- coordinating themes with our other social media platforms
- share helpful links and tips with our followers
by Mala Raman
6 Oct. 2019. By popular demand from our members for more sporty activities, tíc has started with the newly formed walking group – the ‘tíc Walkie Talkies’. (more…)
I don’t know about you, but sometimes it seems life is so busy and goes so fast that if you don’t slow down, you’ll miss it! I made a commitment to myself to take a step back and start enjoying more of the things I love doing. And one of those things is being the president of tic! With such a busy work schedule, I found myself passing on some of the fun activities the event team has been putting together. This club season, I decided to have more fun with my fellow club members while also taking more initiative to get the club increased exposure in the community. (more…)
Without spoiling too much for those who still want to watch this film about the impact of “The Boss” Bruce Springsteen’s music has on a Pakistani teenager living in England, I give it two thumbs up!
This Friday will mark our first borrel of the year. For #ThrowbackThursday, here’s a look back at the busy fall gathering!
11 Oct 2018. by Tanya Ahern.
It was an unseasonably warm evening when tíc members met up at ’t Taphuys bar and restaurant in Tilburg’s centrum. Thirsty guests discovered 40 beers and 32 wines on tap there for their drinking pleasure.
07 Sept 2019. by Yolonda van Riel. The day started out with a big chance of rain but, like all the other Welcome Events before, the skies cleared and we had another fantastic day to celebrate the beginning of another tic season! After registration and a nice cup of coffee at de Spaarbank, the event officially kicked off with walking tours guided by Tilburg’s very own 013 Straatjes (small streets of Tilburg) and sponsored by tic partner BOM.
This coming Friday night we’ll meet up for our first Movie Night of the club season. For #ThrowbackThursday, here’s a look back to last year’s movie night to see “Green Book”!
01.02.2019. Review by Elaine Ferguson. The film is loosely based on the friendship between Tony “Lip” Vallelonga (Viggo Mortensen) who is a night club owner/bouncer and Dr Don Shirley (Mahershala Ali) a talented black concert pianist. (more…)
Did you know that #tíburginternationalclub regularly posts on Facebook? Facebook is a social networking website where users can post comments, share photographs and post links to news or other interesting content on the web, chat live, and watch short-form video.
We share information about local news, area events, #Dutch culture and much more! You can also see all of our invitations to tíc events making it that much easier to stay up-to-date on all of our club activities. We also pass along news articles, requests for participation and much more from local businesses and organisations who would like to specifically stay in touch with the international community in and around Tilburg.
Join us on Facebook @tílintclub to keep up with the latest tílburginternationalclub happenings as well as events in around the Tilburg area!
#tilburginternationalclub #expatlife #Facebook #news
🔝 OUR MISSION
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that:
- 🔹 Provides social, educational and networking activities for expatriates and internationals living in and around Tilburg
- 🔹 Represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- 🔹 Aims to further positive relations among people of different nationalities.
🔝 TIC Fast Facts
- 🔹 tíc hosted an opening reception in March 2008 for international citizens in and around Brabant!
- 🔹 Our official partner is MidPoint Brabant
- 🔹 Our sponsors include Holland Expat Center South (HECS), BOM, Tilburg University and P&D Care
- 🔹 Organizations such as Tilburg University and other companies subsidize their employee’s annual dues!
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that:
- Provides social, educational and networking activities for internationals living in and around Tilburg;
- Represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- Aims to further positive relations among people of different nationalities
As a member of tíc, you will be entitled to participate in a variety of events and activities especially geared toward expats living in Holland. Here are just a few of our diverse activities:
- Special topic educational lectures featuring expert guest speakers
- Book Club
- Day trips to various destinations around the country
- Workshops in a fun, social atmosphere
- Happy hours at different bars and/or restaurants around town
- Annual events include our Welcome to Tilburg event, Holiday Dinner, Christmas Cookie workshop and TICnic (picnic)
- Special Interest Groups (SIG): Movie Night, Walking Group, Sports Events Group (coming soon!)
On 7 September 2019, we’ll be hosting another Welcome to Tilburg event! For #ThrowbackThursday, let’s take a look at the festivities from 2015!
by Patricia Gonzalez. Time flies. So with places as with people. From 1868 to 2011, the Spoorzone was an industrial site – a place where trains were built and repaired for Nederlandse Spoor and “migrants” from Utrecht came to work on the railways. Today, the Spoorzone is home to the Red Cross, an intended hub for entrepreneurs, a skate park for youth and, during Mundial festival or one of the many market weekends (e.g., Bazouq, Swan Market, Pasar Malam), a bustling event space. (more…)
Last year, the logo of the tilburg international club underwent a make-over thanks to Bas van Steensel of Studio Stoom! The meaning and story behind our updated identity is an interesting one;
- The “tíc” showcased in our new logo is how we affectionately refer to our club.
- The blue, complimented by the orange circles, embodies the City of Tilburg within the Netherlands.
- The coloured circles exemplify our members made up of individuals from all nationalities.
- And last, but not least, the shape of the globe signifies the international nature of our organisation.
I’m sitting with my laptop outside enjoying this beautiful Dutch weather (no – I’m not kidding!) and reflecting on what an amazing club season we enjoyed.
We started with our best ever attended Welcome to Tilburg event to commemorate tíc’s 10th anniversary and finished up with another tícnic where everyone left full of good food and drink ready to start the summer!
And, in between those two fantastic events, we squeezed in borrels, sporting events, arts and crafts, walks, games and a whole lot more. One new addition to our agenda, was a charity walk to help refugees. It was a wonderful way for us to give back to those who aren’t as fortunate and, as a result, the board has decided to look for ways to raise money for a different charity every year. We haven’t made our final selection yet, so if you have ideas or causes that you feel passionate about, let us know. As your club continues to grow and flourish, so does the need to give back to those who could use a helping hand.
We are quite fortunate to enjoy the expat life and freely explore all that the world has to offer! I hope you take some pleasant memories of this past club season along with you as you embark on your summer adventures and I look forward to welcoming you all back in September!!
Wishing you sunny days,
by Mala Raman
30 Jun 2019. This year we had perfect weather for our annual picnic. To our regular participants, our once a year, pre-summer gathering is known as the tícnic. In a not too warm, not too cold outdoor venue, a big crowd of tíc members and guests came together to once again help bring the club season to a close.
In the middle of a lush green park on the campus of Tilburg University, everyone happily sat at the picnic tables or on the grass to enjoy a good old-fashioned cookout. Thanks to many of our male members who “manned” the grill, there were hamburgers, veggie burgers, braadworst and kip saté to be gobbled up. Members also brought many delicious types of salad or dessert to share. (more…)