Home » Posts tagged 'The Children Act'
Tag Archives: The Children Act
Register for our Upcoming Events!
- Curling Clinic 30 March 2023
tícMovie review: The Children Act
9 October 2018 12:42 / Leave a comment
For tíc’s first movie night of the year, on 28 Sept 2018, we had a great turnout of 12 people who made their way to Cinecitta to watch The Children Act. The movie follows Fiona Maye (Oscar® winner Emma Thompson) who is a respected Judge in the High Court of England and Wales, well known for her professional and just decisions within the complex area of family law. Just when her marriage to Jack (Stanley Tucci) seems to be reaching a crisis due to her devotion to her work, she throws herself into a complex case. The 17-year old Adam (Fionn Whitehead) has leukemia and will die if he does not receive a blood transfusion. However, Adam and his parents are Jehovah’s Witnesses, and believe that having a blood transfusion is against their religion. Fiona must decide if he is too young to decide himself over life and death, or if the court should step in. Her decision will have major consequences for both Adam and Fiona. (more…)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)