Home » Posts tagged 'TIC'
Tag Archives: TIC
- Book Club: Becoming 21 October 2019
- Pumpkin Carving 26 October 2019
- tícMovie Night 22 November 2019
- Worstenbrood Workshop 26 November 2019
Not sure what to do with the kids during the Christmas break? Take them to one of the hundreds of unique, kid-friendly, inspiring and fun museums in the Netherlands!
Did you know that you can gain entrance often at a reduced price or for free with the Museumkaart?
The Museumkaart program has been running since 1981 and now has over 1 million card holders.
Currently you can see highlighted museums that have special programs running just for kids on THIS page (Dutch only). Three well-known museums in Tilburg that are always great for the kids are De Pont, De Textielmuseum and De Natuurmuseum. With the Museumkaart, you can get in free to all three!
|The Museumkaart (museum card) is an annual membership card available to (temporary or permanent) Dutch residents which gives unlimited free entry to approximately 400 museums in the Netherlands – including 38 museums in Amsterdam.|
This Friday will mark our first borrel of the year. For #ThrowbackThursday, here’s a look back at the busy fall gathering!
11 Oct 2018. by Tanya Ahern.
It was an unseasonably warm evening when tíc members met up at ’t Taphuys bar and restaurant in Tilburg’s centrum. Thirsty guests discovered 40 beers and 32 wines on tap there for their drinking pleasure.
Date: Saturday, 26 Oct 2019
Time: 12:00-15:00 pm (12 – 3:00 pm)
Location: Beneluxlaan 74, 5042 WS Tilburg (‘t Zant)
Register by: 22 Oct 2019
Member Cost: €6 / Adult, FREE for kids!
Guests: €11 pp, free for kids (READ about how this can be pro-rated towards your membership fee)
Sign up now!
07 Sept 2019. by Yolonda van Riel. The day started out with a big chance of rain but, like all the other Welcome Events before, the skies cleared and we had another fantastic day to celebrate the beginning of another tic season! After registration and a nice cup of coffee at de Spaarbank, the event officially kicked off with walking tours guided by Tilburg’s very own 013 Straatjes (small streets of Tilburg) and sponsored by tic partner BOM.
#expatlife #TilburgInternationalClub #Stadsbrouwerij013 #borrel #internationalclub
This coming Friday night we’ll meet up for our first Movie Night of the club season. For #ThrowbackThursday, here’s a look back to last year’s movie night to see “Green Book”!
01.02.2019. Review by Elaine Ferguson. The film is loosely based on the friendship between Tony “Lip” Vallelonga (Viggo Mortensen) who is a night club owner/bouncer and Dr Don Shirley (Mahershala Ali) a talented black concert pianist. (more…)
Did you know that #tíburginternationalclub regularly posts on Facebook? Facebook is a social networking website where users can post comments, share photographs and post links to news or other interesting content on the web, chat live, and watch short-form video.
We share information about local news, area events, #Dutch culture and much more! You can also see all of our invitations to tíc events making it that much easier to stay up-to-date on all of our club activities. We also pass along news articles, requests for participation and much more from local businesses and organisations who would like to specifically stay in touch with the international community in and around Tilburg.
Join us on Facebook @tílintclub to keep up with the latest tílburginternationalclub happenings as well as events in around the Tilburg area!
#tilburginternationalclub #expatlife #Facebook #news
🔝 OUR MISSION
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that:
- 🔹 Provides social, educational and networking activities for expatriates and internationals living in and around Tilburg
- 🔹 Represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- 🔹 Aims to further positive relations among people of different nationalities.
🔝 TIC Fast Facts
- 🔹 tíc hosted an opening reception in March 2008 for international citizens in and around Brabant!
- 🔹 Our official partner is MidPoint Brabant
- 🔹 Our sponsors include Holland Expat Center South (HECS), BOM, Tilburg University and P&D Care
- 🔹 Organizations such as Tilburg University and other companies subsidize their employee’s annual dues!
The #TilburgInternationalClub is looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to join 2 other Event Team members in organizing, planning and hosting club events.
Would you like to help us:
- Search for and propose ideas for cultural, educational and/or social events that fit the mission of tíc
- Organize facilities and manage event details
- Socialize with members to ensure a fun member experience
- Proactively handle any issues on the event day
- Provide feedback/critique to the Events Team leader
- Maintain event registrations
- Respond to email enrolments
- Attend planned events
- Manage multiple projects independently
- Have fun!
Interested? Send us a note!
#tilburginternationalclub #expatlife #expatclub #eventsteam #volunteer
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that:
- Provides social, educational and networking activities for internationals living in and around Tilburg;
- Represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- Aims to further positive relations among people of different nationalities
As a member of tíc, you will be entitled to participate in a variety of events and activities especially geared toward expats living in Holland. Here are just a few of our diverse activities:
- Special topic educational lectures featuring expert guest speakers
- Book Club
- Day trips to various destinations around the country
- Workshops in a fun, social atmosphere
- Happy hours at different bars and/or restaurants around town
- Annual events include our Welcome to Tilburg event, Holiday Dinner, Christmas Cookie workshop and TICnic (picnic)
- Special Interest Groups (SIG): Movie Night, Walking Group, Sports Events Group (coming soon!)
On 7 September 2019, we’ll be hosting another Welcome to Tilburg event! For #ThrowbackThursday, let’s take a look at the festivities from 2015!
by Patricia Gonzalez. Time flies. So with places as with people. From 1868 to 2011, the Spoorzone was an industrial site – a place where trains were built and repaired for Nederlandse Spoor and “migrants” from Utrecht came to work on the railways. Today, the Spoorzone is home to the Red Cross, an intended hub for entrepreneurs, a skate park for youth and, during Mundial festival or one of the many market weekends (e.g., Bazouq, Swan Market, Pasar Malam), a bustling event space. (more…)
Last year, the logo of the tilburg international club underwent a make-over thanks to Bas van Steensel of Studio Stoom! The meaning and story behind our updated identity is an interesting one;
- The “tíc” showcased in our new logo is how we affectionately refer to our club.
- The blue, complimented by the orange circles, embodies the City of Tilburg within the Netherlands.
- The coloured circles exemplify our members made up of individuals from all nationalities.
- And last, but not least, the shape of the globe signifies the international nature of our organisation.
Are you up for a good discussion with a group of friendly book-lovers? Would you like to expand your reading horizons by reading a book you may not have chosen yourself? Do you want to spend a relaxed evening chatting about a book, and often many other life topics, with a cup of tea, coffee or perhaps glass of wine in your hand? Join tíc’s Book Club where we meet up approximately once every 6 weeks to discuss the latest book pick by the group. (more…)