Home » Posts tagged 'workshop'
Tag Archives: workshop
- Dutch School System presentation 12 November 2020
- tícWalkie Talkies 15 November 2020
- tícMovie Night 20 November 2020
- Book Club: A Long Petal of the Sea 24 November 2020
- Cupcake Decorating Workshop 10 December 2020
- tícWalkie Talkies 12 December 2020
by Rochelle Buhr
26 Nov 2019. Have you ever had fresh, warm worstenbrood, a Tilburg speciality?Better yet, have you ever made them? A lucky 8 of us did on Tuesday at
De Smaeck Bakkerij in Berkol-Enschot.
Although probably not something you’d make at home, we had a great time
putting them together with the professionals at the bakery!
30 Mar 2019. Review by Mala Raman. We had a small but enthusiastic tíc crowd who were greeted by Mirjam at the Kaarsen Temple on a bright but cool Saturday afternoon. The kids received a brief explanation on the 2 types of candles they were going to make.
They happily got to work creating imaginative and elaborate pyramid candles. They had plenty of tools to help shape the candles of their dreams with metal cookie cutters, sheets of wax, sharp carvers and their own little fingers! Once they were done, Mirjam coated the candles with a transparent layer of wax as a finishing touch.
The second type of candle was about building layers of different coloured wax and then peeling back the layers to created a multi-coloured candle. After a quick break with a drink and “iets lekkers” the kids got back into the creative flow!
The kids were happy to take home their beautiful creations!
#tilburginternationalclub #tickids #candlemaking #expatlife #artsandcrafts
On October the 11th TIC is organising a 3D printing and tinkering workshop. In a 3 ½ hour session, adults and kids will learn how to work 3D printers, laser cutters and engravers, and to build simple electronic devices (possibly even your own basic robot!). At the end of the day, anything you build becomes your souvenir (photos of some of the things people have created at previous workshops are attached).
For little inventors — children aged 4 to 12 — there will be a special kids program on site.
- Saturday, October 11 from 13.00 till 16.30
- FabLab 013 (Stadhuisplein 354, 5038 TH Tilburg)
- Members: €35 per adult, €15 per child. Non-members: €40 per adult, €20 per child. The cost covers the training and a coffee / tea break. You get to bring home anything you make.
- We have spots available for 12 adults and 6 children. The deadline for registration is Friday, October 3. To register, simply email email@example.com
Note:You don’t have to be tech savvy to join the workshop, just interested in learning how things work, curious about arts & crafts and enthralled by gizmos that whirr and spin. If you’re imaginative or creative, that’s just a bonus!